Castles in the Sky
In the summer of 2024, a moat-ally unique, free public art trail and tourist attraction is heading to Swansea – and you’re invited to join the fun!
Castles in the Sky intertwines Welsh culture, art and history – something as a nation we are extremely proud of. This is the first event of its kind in Swansea, hosted by Wales’ only dedicated air ambulance, the Wales Air Ambulance Charity.
For 10 weeks, between July and September 2024, the streets and parks of Swansea will be home to a series of castle sculptures, each one individually designed by a Welsh artist and sponsored by businesses, providing a fun, family-friendly trail of discovery for local people or visitors to explore and enjoy. A series of mini castle sculptures – ‘Little Keep-sakes’ – adopted and painted by schools, will also be displayed as part of the adventure – all of which can be discovered through the bespoke trail map.
Castles in the Sky is a special event that promotes health and wellbeing, brings businesses and communities together and help boost the regional economy across Swansea. Whilst exciting and inspiring people of all ages, the trail will also increase public awareness and raise vital funds for Wales Air Ambulance, enabling the Charity to provide lifesaving critical care across Wales, 24 hours a day.
This moat-ally unique event is free for all and the perfect summer holiday activity, even on a reign-y day. Your challenge is to find all the Castles across Swansea, joust give it a go.
Don’t miss out on this moat-ally unique opportunity!
- Raise your profile in the city
- Engage with new audiences
- Generate massive social media content and activity
- Engage employees and raise team spirits
- Facilitate new stakeholder relationships
- Raise vital funds for Wales Air Ambulance
- Help your city to benefit from significant economic, cultural and social benefits
- Increase footfall to important local attractions
- Associate your brand with a high-profile and hugely popular event